Woo hoo! My friend and fellow author, Angel Nicholas, nominated me for the Liebster Award. What does that mean? Well, I’m getting to that!
Thanks for nominating me, Angel! I shall endeavor to pass the baton!
As a recipient, I must do the following:
1) List 11 random facts about myself.
2) Answer 11 questions posed by the blogger who nominated me.
3) Nominate 11 other blogs for the award and link to them.
4) Notify the bloggers that they are **awesome** and have won a shiny pink blogging logo.
5) Pose 11 new questions for my Liebster nominees.
6) Thank the blogger who nominated me and link back to their blog.
As promised—11 random facts, AKA stuff you never realized you wanted to know!
1) I was born in a tiny town in the Black Hills of South Dakota.
2) I would love to learn to dance. You’re never too old, right?
3) My maternal grandparents emigrated to the U.S. from Russia.
4) I love the ocean. (Me too, Angel!)
5) I won’t watch the movie, The Titanic. I already know how it ends!
6) I love country music.
7) The journey is half of the fun. Give me a cross-country road trip any day!
8) I can get myself more lost with a map than without one.
9) The book that awakened my love of reading was The Count of Monte Cristo.
10) I collect bells from different geographic locations.
11) My all-time favorite car was a 1969 Dodge Charger with a 440 Mag. engine. (I had mine before The Dukes got theirs!)
1) Who was your hero as a child? My mother, hands down.
2) What’s your favorite beverage? For an everyday beverage, I’d have to say iced tea, but if it’s an alcoholic beverage we’re talking about, set me up a margarita!
3) Are you an only child? I have a brother and a sister. I’m the baby. I also have a half-sister out there somewhere I’ve never met.
4) What’s your dream vacation? New Zealand, of course!
5) Who is your favorite author? Seriously? It would be disrespectful to pick just one favorite author. Lol!
6) Who or what inspires you the most? Our fighting men and women inspire me daily with their courage and sacrifice. It shames me that many of them return home injured, unemployed, and homeless, and our government that spends billions of dollars to start a war, deserts them. (Whoa! I about tripped over that soapbox!)
7) What do you do in your spare time? Spare time? I try to catch up!
8) Do you have a favorite color? Blue
9) Do you prefer Twitter or Facebook? Why? Facebook, I guess, because I just don’t get Twitter!
10) What’s your biggest guilty pleasure? Um…let’s see…oh yeah…never mind!
11) What would you buy first if you won a $1,000,000? I’d purchase the services of a financial advisor!
And now, 11 new questions for the new nominees:
1) If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
2) If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
3) Are you a dog or a cat person?
4) What’s your least favorite household chore?
5) Are you a glass-half-full or a glass-half-empty person?
6) What’s your favorite flower?
7) What is your fondest holiday memory from childhood?
8) What size shoes do you wear? What? Too personal? J
9) What is the most recent book you’ve read?
10) When you go somewhere overnight, do you like to camp out or stay in a motel?
11) Are you a morning person or a night person?
And the nominees are…drum roll please
Go forth and question, my fellow Liebster nominees!